Laser Therapy, also known as photobiostimulation or light therapy, is a treatment that utilizes specific segments of the light spectrum to interact with cells. With its application, a variety of medical conditions can be healed effectively, eliminating pain and other symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy offers patients a safe and effective therapy for a wide range of medical conditions, including soft tissue and sports injuries, arthritic conditions, repetitive stress injuries, wound healing and an extensive number of additional medical problems. BioFlex light therapy systems are available for personal use in the comfort of your home or you can get treatment from a healthcare professional who uses BioFlex Laser Therapy.
- Eliminates symptoms including pain
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function
- No known adverse effects
- No drug interactions
- Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
- Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to conventional therapies
- Increased production and release of:
- Endorphins – naturally produced analgesic
- Cortisol – precursor of cortisone
- Growth hormone – instrumental in tissue repair
- ATP – improves and regulates cellular metabolism
- Increased protein synthesis – collagen, DNA, fibroblasts
- Venous and lymphatic flow facilitated
- Increased angiogenesis – elevation of oxygen saturation
- Enhanced immune response, etc.
How Does it Work?
Laser Therapy utilizes light emissions from superluminous and laser diodes to irradiate tissue. This process reduces inflammation, accelerates healing and the regeneration of cells. BioFlex Laser Therapy, unlike high intensity lasers, does not injure tissue but stimulates the healing process. Pharmaceuticals which are used by pain management clinics simply mask pain and other symptoms but do not cure the underlying pathology. The elimination of the cause of symptoms or the existing pathology is concomitant with the elimination of pain and other symptoms.
The benefits of Laser Therapy are generally rapidly effective and curative.
Our office welcomes questions you may have about which of our services is right for you. Please contact us by phone at 415-445-9388 or email us anytime using our secure form.