Cofounder; Licensed Acupuncturist, Certified Myofascial Pain Therapist
San Francisco Acupuncture Group cofounder Franco Garritano has been helping people get out of pain for over 20 years.
A talented acupuncturist and dry needling specialist, Franco combines keen observational skills and a deep knowledge of the human body to achieve exceptional results. His legion of loyal patients, who include professional athletes and performers, have all experienced greater health under his care.
An expert in muscle pain and dysfunction, Franco uses a deep understanding of muscles, fascia, connective tissue and neurophysiology to develop a successful treatment strategy for his patients.
As a child and then a young man, he watched his father, a master tailor, measure and study people’s bodies. These early experiences left Franco with a passion for working with the body, and led to a life in service to others. In 1995 he attended the Swedish Institute in Manhattan to learn massage therapy, where he fell in love with muscles, anatomy and physiology. There he spent numerous years studying with Jeffrey Yuen, learning the art of being a healer. Franco is a devoted husband and father of two sons, Elliot and Nico. His wife Jeannie is also an acupuncturist with expertise in integrative woman’s health and fertility. He lives in San Rafael and spends his free time with his family playing outside, cooking and listening to music.
Franco is an active member of the American Academy of Integrative Pain Management, and keeps up to date on the latest studies on dry needling and acupuncture in the field of orthopedics, sports medicine and pain. In addition to dry needling and acupuncture, Franco incorporates a wide range of methods from manual therapies to ultrasound guided ultrasound dry needling and acupuncture techniques. He uses a collaborative, team approach and has earned an excellent reputation with physicians and other health care providers in the Bay Area. Flexible, gentle and truly dedicated, Franco develops lasting relationships with his patients and their families, friends and co-workers.
- California Board Acupuncture License #AC10514
- Master of Science, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, California
- DN-III Certification, Janet G. Travell, MD Myopain Series, Bethesda, MD and Wasilla, AK
- Member, Academy of Integrative Pain Management (AIPM)
- Two-Year Certificate in Massage Therapy, Swedish Institute, College of Health Sciences, New York City, New York
- Classical Chinese Medicine coursework with Jeffrey Yuen 1997-2001, New York City, New York
- Integrative Clinic Manager at New York Medical, New York City, New York
- Advanced Courses in Herbology, Flynn School of Herbology, New York, New York
- Acupuncturist, UCSD Acupuncture Center for Sports Medicine, University of California, San Diego
- Acupuncturist, San Diego Hospice, San Diego, California
- Clinical Internship and Lecture Program, Chengdu Hospital and University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Sichuan, China
- One-year Certificate in Integrative Musculoskeletal Medicine with Dr. Alon Marcus
- Three-year Internship with Dr. Xi Qui, New York City, New York