Clinical Partner; Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP); Director, Pacific Integrative Medicine
As a medical doctor, Institute of Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner with extensive training in osteopathy, yoga, and meditation, Harry McIlroy MD deftly integrates his deep knowledge of both eastern and western medicine to serve every patient’s health and vitality.
Dr. McIlroy looks at people individually and expertly assesses the wide range of available treatment options. He strives for non-invasive, non-prescriptive approaches such as supplements, mind/body techniques, nutrition, lifestyle, herbs, and acupuncture. When necessary, he can provide stronger interventions, such as labs, imaging, or prescriptions. Whatever treatments you decide on together, Dr. McIlroy maintains a comprehensive picture of your overall well-being and ensures that you receive safe, consistent, and incredibly effective health care through a single practitioner.
Driven by a strong model of preventative medicine, Dr. McIlroy’s compassion, enthusiasm and collaborative style ensure that each patient feels seen and heard. His ultimate goal is to share natural medicine and lifestyle techniques that people can use to take ownership of their health and live a long, passionate life.
Raised in a family of doctors, Dr. McIlroy has fond memories of poring through his grandfather’s medical books as young as age five. A lifelong interest in natural medicine led him to acupuncture school, followed by intensive training in Ashtanga yoga and Ayurvedic studies in Mysore India. Deciding he wanted to add a medical degree to his eclectic background, he graduated from the University of Arizona under mentorship with Dr. Andrew Weil, and completed a residency in Contra Costa Hospital in Family Medicine. In 2012, he co-founded an innovative mental health clinic.
In his free time, Dr. McIlroy does yoga and ferments food with his family and friends.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Certified Practitioner, Institute for Functional Medicine
- Master of Science, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, California
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California at Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California
- Residency, Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency Program, Richmond, California
- Acupuncturist, Ashtanga Yoga Research Center, Mysore, India
- Staff Physician, Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, Martinez, California
- American Association of Family Physicians, Member
- Cranial Academy, Member
- National Certification Commission for Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Diplomate
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute, Authorized Teacher